When singer/songwriter Caitlyn Smith, cut her teeth in the clubs of Minnesota’s Twin Cities she never thought she would be explaining her long journey to her career as an artist, but all of that changed with her album, Starfire. The Cannon Falls, Minnesota-native took CBS’ Jan Crawford around St. Paul, Minnesota to show This Morning (click here to view) viewers where she discovered her love for songwriting and performing and what led to her career as an artist now living in Nashville, Tennessee.
In the piece, the singer that New York Times calls “format-defying” with a “striking voice” chats with CBS at the legendary Turf Club, where she grew up watching music, and where she played herself just last month, as she discusses influencers and impactful moments through out her career. Also in the piece, Smith, who started a band at age 12 and used her college fund to record her first album, reveals the ups-and-downs of pursuing her lifelong dream and the moments that led to Starfire.
Caitlyn’s first headlining tour announced earlier this week will begin April 5 at Northampton, Massachusetts’s Iron Horse Music Hall and will end May 10 at Nashville, Tennessee’s Mercy Lounge.
Starfire Tour Dates
- Saturday, March 3 – Fitzgerald Theater, St. Paul, Minnesota*
- Thursday, April 5 – Iron Horse Music Hall, Northampton, Massachusetts
- Friday, April 6 – Café 939 at Berklee, Boston, Massachusetts
- Saturday, April 7 – Port City Music Hall, Portland, Maine
- Sunday, April 8 – Higher Ground – Showcase Room, South Burlington, Vermont
- Tuesday, April 10 – The Southern, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Thursday, April 12 – The Wonder Bar, Asbury Park, New Jersey
- Friday, April 13 – Mercury Lounge, New York, New York
- Saturday, April 14 – World Café – Upstairs Live, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Sunday, April 15 – Rock and Roll Hotel, Washington, DC
- Tuesday, April 17 – A&R Music Bar, Columbus, Ohio
- Wednesday, April 18 – Madison Live, Covington, Kentucky
- Friday, April 20 — Cannon Falls Auditorium, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
- Saturday, April 21 – The Rave Bar, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Sunday, April 22 – Canopy Club, Urbana, Illinois
- Wednesday, April 25 – Saturn, Birmingham, Alabama
- Thursday, April 26 – Eddie’s Attic, Decatur, Georgia
- Friday, April 27 – The Spinning Jenny, Greer, South Carolina
- Saturday, April 28 – The Evening Muse, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Wednesday, May 2 – SPACE, Evanston, Illinois
- Thursday, May 3 –Blind Pig, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Friday, May 4 – Musica, Akron, Ohio
- Saturday, May 5 – The Club at Stage AE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Wednesday, May 9 – Georgia Theatre, Athens, Georgia
- Thursday, May 10 – Mercy Lounge, Nashville, Tennessee
- Friday, May 25 – BottleRock Festival, Napa, California*
- Friday, August 24 – Lockn’ Festival, Arrington, Virginia*
*Denotes previously announced dates that are not on Smith’s Starfire Tour.